Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I just updated on of my other blogs:
The title was :  Retirement Nightmare from Hell: Be a Walmart Greeter  and it made me think about how long it has taken me to Start Over this time. Yes I have had a few start overs in my day, but none as drastic as this one has been. I continue to claw my way back, am still not even caught up with where I was 5 years ago.

Losing everything from a monetary perspective is really tough. I am still truly blessed in many ways, but continue to struggle. My handsome son, a sophomore in college this year, works to pay rent and eat-as good old mom can't help. One of my beloved pups  needs some vet care, but once again...good old mom can't help. I can love her, keep her happy...that's it. She is well loved and well fed (she loves her cookies!).

Our sermon yesterday in church, really hit home. The questions was asked of us..if God's mercy and grace could be bought how much??? I have to truly praise God that it is free everyday to believers and that He called me to believe a few years ago..or once again I would have missed the boat. My FAITH is what keeps me going. God is good all the time!

So, while I make payments for a home I am upside down in, and go from paycheck to paycheck with .37 in the bank, I am still truly blessed. I have to give Thanks for all of that! I live in the United States, I am proud to be an American, I have to give Thanks for that, too. So struggling is struggling, but joy from the Lord, a free country, life and the liberty to pursue happiness is the BEST anyone can have. God bless you all, and God BLESS America.

Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation

Decision Points

1 comment:

Don said...

I can sort of understand what you have gone through. Have been there and done that in some similiar aspects in my life. Even today I know exactly what it is like starting over. or should I say trying to start over.

Well written Marianne !!!